The next Knox cloud services (KCS) release v1.39 is scheduled for release on June 16, 2021 during regular PST business hours. This release is expected to include new product features and enhancements that aim to improve product usability of products in the Knox ecosystem. During the release process, SamsungKnox.com and each of the Knox product admin portals will continue to be available.
This pre-release note includes future feature commitments and other information that may change leading up to the actual release.
From June 16th, the SamsungKnox.com and Knox products onboarding flow sees significant improvements from a usability standpoint. If you are a new customer enrolling to SamsungKnox.com for the first time, a registration request for all Knox services is automatically made on your behalf. For customers who are already registered to use any one of the many Knox services, once you agree to the combined Knox Product Terms and Conditions, you are automatically registered to use the other Knox services without needing further approval from Samsung.
Going forward, you can also use most of your Knox services - such as Knox Mobile Enrollment, Knox Configure, Knox Asset Intelligence, and Samsung Care+ for Business - in a unified service portal. With this change, you don’t need to navigate to another window or tab to use any of your registered services. You can see and manage those Knox services from one single portal.
Expected SamsungKnox.com changes
The following are some of the key changes that we expect on the SamsungKnox.com portal:
- Registration: Streamlined and unified enrollment process for Knox products, including the Knox Suite (Knox Manage, Knox Mobile Enrollment, Knox E-FOTA, Knox Asset Intelligence), Knox Configure, and Samsung Care+ for Business.
- User dashboard: Now labelled My Knox, the redesigned user dashboard now features a new notification panel and account menu providing basic account information and quick access to the unified admin portal.
- Knox Manage: Offers a simplified registration and sub-admin invitation flow as well as Active Directory SSO support.
- Knox for Frontline: Features a new enterprise solutions landing page featuring Knox solutions for frontline workers.
- Other changes: Provides access to a new gated content download page for the following items:
- 2021 IDC MarketScape report on Knox
- Redesigned Buy from a reseller page catalog
- Updated social share links (including LinkedIn) for blog posts
Expected product changes
The following table summarizes some of the key changes that are going live with the KCS 1.39 release.
|Knox Mobile Enrollment||
|Knox E-FOTA One||
|Knox Asset Intelligence||
|Knox MSP Program||
|Samsung Care+ for Business||